Jessica Ordonez is the President of Apicality. Jessica founded Apicality as an outgrowth of her writing and editing services. Her passion for teaching others to improve their writing has led her to develop customized workshops for native and non-native speakers representing financial institutions, investment firms, medical groups, local government and institutions in Peru, Mexico and the United States.
Jessica currently serves as an MBA Writing Coach for The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and is a contributing assistant professor of management communication for the MBA program at Willamette University where she directs the Management Writing Program.
Jessica’s clients include the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation and Scotiabank.
Content for workshops of Apicality are aligned with the guidance presented in:
- The Harvard Business Review Guide to Better Business Writing by Bryan A. Garner
- Federal Plain Language Guidelines
- A Plain English Handbook by the US Securities and Exchange Commission
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr. and E.B. White
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University
Jessica is adept at incorporating in-house style guides or other resources as requested.